- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area digest 9/13/11
Giebler, Myers win Dalhousie club titles
Brevin Giebler shot a three-day total of 221 to win the men's club championship at Dalhousie Golf Club.
Giebler had rounds of 75, 69 and 77 to finish four strokes ahead of Ben Cantrell (77-75-73--225). Ian Soutar (78-74-76--228) was another three shots back.
Bill Morgan (78-77--155) won A flight, while Bob Gile (82-92--174) finished first in B flight.
Harriette Myers won the ladies club championship with rounds of 82 and 81 for a 163 total.
Alice Temm (88-87--175) won A flight, while Deanna Estes (88-87--175) finished first in B flight.
Dalhousie club championship
Senciboy, Stoverink win horseshoe event
Randy Senciboy and Cori Stoverink won the SEMO Horseshoe Association tournament Saturday in Bell City, Mo.
Randy Grady and Terrie Rose placed second in the 14-team field, while Lester Powell and Joe Bean finished third.
Joe Keller and Lachelle Cook won a 15-team tournament Sunday in Oran, Mo.
Mike DaVault and Grady placed second, while Danny Williams and Rose followed in third.
Two tournaments will be held this weekend -- Saturday at the Knights of Columbus in Scott City and Sunday at the Backyard Club.
Foursome wins scramble at Dalhousie
The team of Britt MConnell, Brian Cox, Deke Lape and Robert MacGillivary shot 57 to win the Jason Croswell golf tournament Monday at Dalhousie Golf Club.
Mark Hahn, Adam Bertrand, Britt Durham and Greg Hasselrode finished two strokes back in the four-man scramble. Jeff Mauer, Brent Anderson, Paul Mills and Jay Click placed third with a 61.
The team of Jim Gleason, Keith Davison, Rob Mitchell and Jeff Partridge won A flight with a 63. Mike Gibbons, Jim Foley, Gary Romaine and Tony Myers won B flight with a 66.
Closest-to-the-pin winners were Lape (No. 5) and Mike Young (No. 13). Shawn Parker and Corrine Soutar had the longest drives.
-- From staff reports