- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
High school roundup: Perryville softball team rallies in seventh inning
Perryville scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh to defeat Fredericktown 3-2 at home in softball action Monday.
Morgan Baer connected for a home run in the win, while Alishia Reiss had a triple.
Kasey Hotop went 3 for 4 as the Pirates improved to 7-5.
Kelcie Fahnestock posted the victory, giving up four hits and allowing no earned runs in seven innings.
WP -- Kelcie Fahnestock. HR -- Morgan Baer (P). 3B -- Alishia Reiss (P). 2B -- B. Allgier (F). Multiple hits -- Perryville: Kasey Hotop 3-4; Fredericktown: L. Roryer 2-4. Records -- Perryville 7-5.
Notre Dame 12, Sikeston 0
Katie Bond allowed two hits as the Bulldogs shut out Sikeston in five innings.
Bond struck out five and walked one.
Brandi Glastetter went 2 for 2 with a double, while Jessica Menz had a double and two hits.
The Bulldogs improved to 14-0 with the home win.
WP -- Katie Bond, 14-0. 2B -- Brandi Glastetter (ND), Jessica Menz (ND). Multiple hits -- Notre Dame: Glastetter 2-2, Menz 2-3. Records -- Notre Dame 14-0.
JV -- Notre Dame won 14-0
Saxony Lutheran 11, East Prairie 7
The Crusaders scored seven runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to pull past visiting East Prairie.
Abby Hadler went 3 for 4 with three runs, while Natalie Schlimpert went 2 for 4 with a double.
Kelsy Ward added two hits, while Lauren Buerck had four RBIs.
Schlimpert was also the winner in the circle, striking out six and allowing 10 hits.
WP -- Matalie Schlimpert. LP -- C. Harwell. 2B -- Schlimpert (SL), S. Barker (EP). Multiple hits -- Saxony: Abby Hadler 3-4, Schlimpert 2-4, Ashley Steck 3-4, Kelsy Ward 2-3; East Prairie: Harwell 2-5, Barker 2-5, C. Carden 2-3, L. Margee 2-4, T. Johnson 2-4.
Central 6, Kennett 3
The Tigers defeated Kennett at home.
Central's doubles team of Morgan Crowell and Caroline Harding pulled through with an 8-6 win as the Tigers improved to 3-1.
No. 1 -- Morgan Crowell (C) def. Molly Lancaster 8-3
No. 2 -- Caroline Harding (C) def. Darby Sparks 8-2
No. 3 -- Susanna Hayward (C) def. Katherine Shetley 8-4
No. 4 -- Kelsey Washburn (K) def. Becky Schneider 8-6
No. 5 -- Faith Tegel (C) def. Katherine White 8-4
No. 6 -- Mackenzi Carr (K) def. Caroline Retter 8-3
No. 1 -- Crowell-Harding (C) def. Sparks-Shetley 8-6
No. 2 -- Hayword-Schneider (C) def. Lancaster-Carr 8-5
No. 3 -- Washburn-White (K) def. Tegel-Retter 9-7
|Bernie||26||25 Leopold 24 22|
The Wildcats lost in two games on the road.
Ashley Keim had six kills, while Caitlin Petty had seven kills and six assists for the Wildcats (6-5).
Emily Elfrink added 12 digs and four kills in the loss.
JV -- Leopold won 2-0
|Saxony Lutheran 25||25|
Jordan Hoff had three kills and seven digs in the home win for Saxony Lutheran.
Courtney Bergman also had three kills, while Sam Babcock had nine digs and Kristy Winter had eight assists.
JV -- Saxony Lutheran won 25-15, 25-12
-- From staff reports