- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Central soccer celebration
As a proud member of the Central High School soccer team and current captain of the varsity squad, I am pleased to extend an invitation to all former Central soccer players and coaches to our home match against Paducah, Ky., on Saturday in our new Tiger Stadium on our campus. As part of this year's centennial celebrations, we will recognize and honor those who have participated in the great game of soccer as a Central Tiger.
Central soccer began in 1985 as a club and was quickly transformed into a school-sponsored sport the following year. Although 26 years is a relatively short time compared to the histories of other Central athletics, there has been constant support and love for the game of soccer throughout Cape Girardeau, and it continues to grow, as do our traditions.
Introduced to the game of soccer at a young age, I discovered a love for the game and have not looked back. Being a sibling of two Central graduates, I was constantly on the sidelines of Tiger soccer home games, hoping that one day I could be like them.
It is the pleasure of this year's centennial Central Tiger soccer team to invite you to our game to recognize your past commitments and contributions to our soccer program. JV kicks off at 2 p.m., and varsity begins at 4 p.m. Recognition will take place between games.
VANCE TOOLE, Class of 2012, Cape Girardeau