- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Central soccer celebration
As a proud member of the Central High School soccer team and current captain of the varsity squad, I am pleased to extend an invitation to all former Central soccer players and coaches to our home match against Paducah, Ky., on Saturday in our new Tiger Stadium on our campus. As part of this year's centennial celebrations, we will recognize and honor those who have participated in the great game of soccer as a Central Tiger.
Central soccer began in 1985 as a club and was quickly transformed into a school-sponsored sport the following year. Although 26 years is a relatively short time compared to the histories of other Central athletics, there has been constant support and love for the game of soccer throughout Cape Girardeau, and it continues to grow, as do our traditions.
Introduced to the game of soccer at a young age, I discovered a love for the game and have not looked back. Being a sibling of two Central graduates, I was constantly on the sidelines of Tiger soccer home games, hoping that one day I could be like them.
It is the pleasure of this year's centennial Central Tiger soccer team to invite you to our game to recognize your past commitments and contributions to our soccer program. JV kicks off at 2 p.m., and varsity begins at 4 p.m. Recognition will take place between games.
VANCE TOOLE, Class of 2012, Cape Girardeau