- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Central soccer celebration
As a proud member of the Central High School soccer team and current captain of the varsity squad, I am pleased to extend an invitation to all former Central soccer players and coaches to our home match against Paducah, Ky., on Saturday in our new Tiger Stadium on our campus. As part of this year's centennial celebrations, we will recognize and honor those who have participated in the great game of soccer as a Central Tiger.
Central soccer began in 1985 as a club and was quickly transformed into a school-sponsored sport the following year. Although 26 years is a relatively short time compared to the histories of other Central athletics, there has been constant support and love for the game of soccer throughout Cape Girardeau, and it continues to grow, as do our traditions.
Introduced to the game of soccer at a young age, I discovered a love for the game and have not looked back. Being a sibling of two Central graduates, I was constantly on the sidelines of Tiger soccer home games, hoping that one day I could be like them.
It is the pleasure of this year's centennial Central Tiger soccer team to invite you to our game to recognize your past commitments and contributions to our soccer program. JV kicks off at 2 p.m., and varsity begins at 4 p.m. Recognition will take place between games.
VANCE TOOLE, Class of 2012, Cape Girardeau