- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Central soccer celebration
As a proud member of the Central High School soccer team and current captain of the varsity squad, I am pleased to extend an invitation to all former Central soccer players and coaches to our home match against Paducah, Ky., on Saturday in our new Tiger Stadium on our campus. As part of this year's centennial celebrations, we will recognize and honor those who have participated in the great game of soccer as a Central Tiger.
Central soccer began in 1985 as a club and was quickly transformed into a school-sponsored sport the following year. Although 26 years is a relatively short time compared to the histories of other Central athletics, there has been constant support and love for the game of soccer throughout Cape Girardeau, and it continues to grow, as do our traditions.
Introduced to the game of soccer at a young age, I discovered a love for the game and have not looked back. Being a sibling of two Central graduates, I was constantly on the sidelines of Tiger soccer home games, hoping that one day I could be like them.
It is the pleasure of this year's centennial Central Tiger soccer team to invite you to our game to recognize your past commitments and contributions to our soccer program. JV kicks off at 2 p.m., and varsity begins at 4 p.m. Recognition will take place between games.
VANCE TOOLE, Class of 2012, Cape Girardeau