- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Elma Hopkins, age 87, of Olive Branch, Ill., passed away at 6:20 a.m. Friday, Sept. 9, 2011, at the Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
Elma was born July 19, 1924, at Bell City, Mo., daughter of the late Fred Gullett and Iva Mae (Summers) Gullett.
Elma was a retired shoe factory employee.
Survivors include three daughters, Grace Bigham of Olive Branch, Ill., Lois Kiehne and Brenda Hopkins, both of Jackson; one son, Fred Hopkins of Olive Branch; one sister, Thelma Goskey of Edwardsville, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Per the family request, cremation services have been made with memorial graveside services and interment to follow at a later date in Olive Branch Cemetery.
Jones Funeral Home of Tamms, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.