- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
Rock Against Rape
Sexual Violence happens every day to women of all ages and backgrounds. It can happen to your sister, your friend, your girlfriend or your daughter. College women are 4 times more likely to be sexually assaulted then the general population.
RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) DAY 2011 is Thursday, September 22. As part of the local RAINN day events, Beacon Health Center and the Southeast Missouri State University VICTORY program are sponsoring "Rock Against Rape" at Bel Air Bar and Grill at 24 S Spanish St., in Cape Girardeau. Mike Renick and Tune Squad will be performing to help raise awareness about rape and sexual assault. "Rock Against Rape" starts at 6:30pm on Thursday, September 22. Please bring a donation of sweat shirt and sweat pants of any size or a children's book in lieu of cover charge ($3 if no donation). For more information call 573/332-1900 or visit our Facebook page: Beacon Health Center.