- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Becky Hoover named Employee of the Month
Becky Hoover, Certified Nursing Assistant at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, has been selected as the Department of Public Safety's September, 2011 Employee of the Month. Becky was selected for this award for the caring, compassionate, and helpful attitude she exhibits in the performance of her position's responsibilities. Becky has a unique ability to encourage and persuade even the most challenging residents to cooperate in their care. Co-workers and charge nurses often request Becky's assistance in many situations that require special "encouragement" of the Veterans. Becky also puts her "heart and soul" into her position. An example of Becky's dedication and compassion was especially noted during the recent passing of one of the residents. Becky stayed at his side, held his hand, offering reassurance and comfort as he passed, which was a gesture that was deeply appreciated by the family of the resident.
Becky will be honored at a reception to be held later this month in Jefferson City.