- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Four drowning deaths reported in Missouri over Labor Day weekend
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) -- The Missouri water patrol says four people died on Missouri waterways during the holiday weekend.
The victims included two people who died in a three-boat collision Saturday on the Osage River. The patrol says 33-year-old Curtis Libbert of Tebbetts and 46-year-old Alvin Blackford of Russellville died in the accident. Four other people were hospitalized.
On Monday, the body of 93-year-old Alton Mos of Kansas City was found in the Lake of the Ozarks. Authorities believe Mos fell into the lake while he was fishing on a dock.
And 22-year-old Julio Mendoza of Kansas City, Kan., drowned at Smithville Lake on Sunday. He was swimming across a cove when he began to struggle, went under and did not resurface.