- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area digest 9/6/11
Laidet, Soutar win event at Dalhousie
Ray Laidet and Ian Soutar shot 59 to win a two-man handicap best ball tournament Saturday at Dalhousie Golf Club.
The team of Cord Dombrowski and Jerry Stone shot 61 to tie for second with Terry Bozzay and Bruce Watson in the blind-draw event.
Bells, Cantonis win couples scramble
The team of Troy Bell, Shelley Bell, Phil Cantoni and Judy Cantoni shot 63 to win a couples scramble Monday at Dalhousie Golf Club.
Tom Metheny, Bev Metheny, Roger Toliver and Kay Tolliver placed second with a 65. Closest-to-the-pin winners were Dick Swartz (No. 8), Tom Metheny (No. 5), Phil Cantoni (No. 11) and Roger Tolliver (No. 13).
-- From staff reports