- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
People on the move 9/6/11
Three promoted at Big River
Nicole Winkler, originally from Scott City, has been promoted to director of customer operations at Big River Telephone. Winkler began with Big River in 2007, as the manager of the wholesale provisioning department. Kristen Litchfield has been promoted to customer experience manager. Litchfield has been working with Big River Telephone for nine years as executive assistant and customer experience representative. Garrett Lambert has been working with Big River Telephone for three years. Since then he has worked as a customer experience representative and has now been promoted to field technician.
Doctor joins Southeast Hospital
Dr. Jamie Dost Harrison has joined the medical staff at Primary Care located on the main campus of the hospital. Harrison completed a residency with the University of Missouri Department of Family and Community Medicine. Her professional organizations include the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Medical Association and the Missouri State Medical Association.
New location for Audio Ear
Audio Ear will celebrate the grand opening of its hearing center at 65 Plaza Way in the Town Plaza Shopping Center throughout September. Owner Darel Roberts has been helping people with their hearing needs since 1985. Tammy Roberts, his daughter-in-law, serves as office manager. Audio Ear offers free hearing tests.
Aid company expands to Cape
Community Wide In-Home of Gideon, Mo., has expanded its services to Cape Girardeau and the surrounding counties. Melinda McCulley will manage the daily operations for Community Wide. The company offers assistance services to the elderly and disabled people, helping them to stay in their own homes. Assistance is also provided to qualifying veterans and surviving spouses through special grants.
-- From staff reports