- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Illinois man faces charges over Perryville burglary
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A Rockwood, Ill., man is facing felony charges following a burglary Sunday involving the theft of cash and a .38-caliber revolver.
Daniel Luttman, 22, is facing first-degree burglary charges, felony theft of a firearm and misdemeanor theft of an amount less than $500, according to a news release from the Perry County Sheriff's Department.
On Sunday morning, a Perryville resident who lives on North Main Street reported that a burglary had just taken place. A deputy responded and it was discovered the cash and the gun were gone, the release said.
A short time later, the release said, a suspicious person was reported walking north on Highway 51 toward Chester, Ill. A deputy responded and located Luttman. Police say Luttman had an outstanding warrant from Louisiana for second-degree battery. After a short chase, Luttman was taken into custody, the release said.
The release said that Luttman confessed he had committed the burglary in Perryville and took officers to where he had stashed the revolver.
Luttman was being held at the Perry County Jail pending charges, as well as charges from Louisiana.