- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Honoring a Cape Central Tradition
Cape Central volleyball is something I look forward to everyday; I forget about everything for a while and just do my thing on the court.
Although we play daily, there was a time in our school's history (and in schools nation-wide) when girls' sports were banned because we were thought to be "too fragile." That changed in 1972 when Title IX, which demanded equality, passed.
Central was hesitant to add a girls sports program but I am proud to say, in 1973, volleyball was the first girls' sport to return with players who paid for their uniforms and travel. The volleyball program at Cape Central has been strong since this humble begining.
Even if we lose a game or have a losing season, our team keeps each other up as we come together as family. Cape Central volleyball is so much more than a sport. Because our team's historical significance with Cape Central, as you would expect, we are an active part of the Centennial celebrations.
If you have ever played volleyball at Cape Central High School you should be proud, we are! We will recognize former players and coaches at our September 6th games, between JV and Varsity matches that begin at 6 pm. Please wear orange and black and reconnect with some of Central's finest athletes.
We are CT and we are very proud.