- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Aerotropolis: Your Tax $$$ To Wealthy Donors
If you haven't followed the Aerotropolis boondoggle being pushed by StL and KC businesses, RCGA, and Chamber of Commerce, you better start paying attention. It is THE main topic of the Special Session of the Missouri Legislature called by Governor Nixon.
It is nothing more than a payback to wealthy donors using your tax dollars.
The Show-Me Institute in St. Louis has been doing yeoman's work investigating this latest form of crony capitalism. Lots of stuff to read below.
I'm surprised that the last mention of Aerotropolis in the SE Missourian was 21 Days Ago. Millions of Tax Dollars are at stake, and our local Senator has been very vocal about it!
The cover-up and stalling: