- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Day of the Bent Wing
The Corsair !!!!
The Japanese called her "Whistling Death" for the shrill screech that came from the air intakes at her wing roots at combat speeds.
Navy pilots originally called her "Widow Maker" as her carrier operational problems were ironed out.
The Marines took her into combat as one of the first U.S. fighters that could pick and choose their battles with the Japanese "Zero".
She later became known as "The Angel of Okinawa" for the support she brought to the battle for that island.
This past week, we had her on the ramp at KCGI...AND received a dynamic photo pass as her pilot took her off to Atlanta.