- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Day of the Bent Wing
The Corsair !!!!
The Japanese called her "Whistling Death" for the shrill screech that came from the air intakes at her wing roots at combat speeds.
Navy pilots originally called her "Widow Maker" as her carrier operational problems were ironed out.
The Marines took her into combat as one of the first U.S. fighters that could pick and choose their battles with the Japanese "Zero".
She later became known as "The Angel of Okinawa" for the support she brought to the battle for that island.
This past week, we had her on the ramp at KCGI...AND received a dynamic photo pass as her pilot took her off to Atlanta.