- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Day of the Bent Wing
The Corsair !!!!
The Japanese called her "Whistling Death" for the shrill screech that came from the air intakes at her wing roots at combat speeds.
Navy pilots originally called her "Widow Maker" as her carrier operational problems were ironed out.
The Marines took her into combat as one of the first U.S. fighters that could pick and choose their battles with the Japanese "Zero".
She later became known as "The Angel of Okinawa" for the support she brought to the battle for that island.
This past week, we had her on the ramp at KCGI...AND received a dynamic photo pass as her pilot took her off to Atlanta.