- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Day of the Bent Wing
The Corsair !!!!
The Japanese called her "Whistling Death" for the shrill screech that came from the air intakes at her wing roots at combat speeds.
Navy pilots originally called her "Widow Maker" as her carrier operational problems were ironed out.
The Marines took her into combat as one of the first U.S. fighters that could pick and choose their battles with the Japanese "Zero".
She later became known as "The Angel of Okinawa" for the support she brought to the battle for that island.
This past week, we had her on the ramp at KCGI...AND received a dynamic photo pass as her pilot took her off to Atlanta.