- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Day of the Bent Wing
The Corsair !!!!
The Japanese called her "Whistling Death" for the shrill screech that came from the air intakes at her wing roots at combat speeds.
Navy pilots originally called her "Widow Maker" as her carrier operational problems were ironed out.
The Marines took her into combat as one of the first U.S. fighters that could pick and choose their battles with the Japanese "Zero".
She later became known as "The Angel of Okinawa" for the support she brought to the battle for that island.
This past week, we had her on the ramp at KCGI...AND received a dynamic photo pass as her pilot took her off to Atlanta.