- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Former Southeast Missouri State football player Woodard signs with Danville of UIFL
Former Southeast Missouri State cornerback Abraham Woodard has signed a contract to play professional football with the Danville (Ill.) Dragons of the Ultimate Indoor Football League.
Woodard moved into a starting role at cornerback for Southeast in 2010, which ended with the Redhawks winning the Ohio Valley Conference title and qualifying for the postseason for the first time in school history. Woodard had two interceptions his senior year and also helped with special teams, returning punts and kickoffs.
The Dragons, one of six first-year expansion teams in the UIFL, will make their debut in March when league begins its 2012 season.
-- From staff reports