- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Response to Smythe's editorial
Mike Smythe's Viewpoint, published Aug. 28 in the Southeast Missourian, says a politician's personal life is not anyone else's business. Mike, where would you draw the line against a minister or teacher who strayed from what us old fogies would call "moral?"
You likely were a good advocate for Bill Clinton through his troubles. Golly gee, I'm glad you acknowledge that politicians have "real feelings." I have at times wondered if they did.
FRED KELLER, Cape Girardeau