- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Response to Smythe's editorial
Mike Smythe's Viewpoint, published Aug. 28 in the Southeast Missourian, says a politician's personal life is not anyone else's business. Mike, where would you draw the line against a minister or teacher who strayed from what us old fogies would call "moral?"
You likely were a good advocate for Bill Clinton through his troubles. Golly gee, I'm glad you acknowledge that politicians have "real feelings." I have at times wondered if they did.
FRED KELLER, Cape Girardeau