- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Response to Smythe's editorial
Mike Smythe's Viewpoint, published Aug. 28 in the Southeast Missourian, says a politician's personal life is not anyone else's business. Mike, where would you draw the line against a minister or teacher who strayed from what us old fogies would call "moral?"
You likely were a good advocate for Bill Clinton through his troubles. Golly gee, I'm glad you acknowledge that politicians have "real feelings." I have at times wondered if they did.
FRED KELLER, Cape Girardeau