- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Response to Smythe's editorial
Mike Smythe's Viewpoint, published Aug. 28 in the Southeast Missourian, says a politician's personal life is not anyone else's business. Mike, where would you draw the line against a minister or teacher who strayed from what us old fogies would call "moral?"
You likely were a good advocate for Bill Clinton through his troubles. Golly gee, I'm glad you acknowledge that politicians have "real feelings." I have at times wondered if they did.
FRED KELLER, Cape Girardeau