- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Response to Smythe's editorial
Mike Smythe's Viewpoint, published Aug. 28 in the Southeast Missourian, says a politician's personal life is not anyone else's business. Mike, where would you draw the line against a minister or teacher who strayed from what us old fogies would call "moral?"
You likely were a good advocate for Bill Clinton through his troubles. Golly gee, I'm glad you acknowledge that politicians have "real feelings." I have at times wondered if they did.
FRED KELLER, Cape Girardeau