- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Senath murder suspect gets more time to find representation
KENNETT, Mo. -- A Senath, Mo., man suspected of killing a Senath 3-year-old appeared in a Dunklin County courtroom Tuesday, again without an attorney.
Shawn Morgan, 43, who is charged with first-degree murder, armed criminal action and tampering with physical evidence in the death of Breeann Rodriguez on Aug. 13, was granted an additional two weeks to retain an attorney by Judge John C. Spielman.
According to Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen P. Sokoloff, if at the end of two weeks Morgan still does not have representation, the judge will set a preliminary hearing.
Another court hearing has been set for 9 a.m. Sept. 13.