- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Louis bicycle riders warned of attacks by teens
ST. LOUIS -- Bicyclists in the St. Louis area are being warned to watch for bands of teenagers who swarm and attack riders.
KMOX Radio reported that the latest attack was Thursday near Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, where a group of 10 to 15 teens attacked a cyclist.
The organization Trailnet, which promotes hiking and biking, is cautioning riders to be careful.
The latest assault victim told KMOX the teens weren't trying to rob him -- they just wanted to beat him up. He says he and his friends returned to the same scene minutes later to help another bicyclist who was being attacked.
Police believe the victims are picked at random. They urge bike riders to call 911 if they see a swarm mob.