- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
55-year-old man drowns on Meramec River
CUBA, Mo. -- A 55-year-old West Plains man is dead after drowning while tubing on the Meramec River in eastern Missouri.
KMOX Radio reported that Gregory Spurling died Sunday. He was found floating face-down in the river about a mile upstream from Blue Spring Canoe Rental in Crawford County.
Spurling was reported missing earlier in the day and his body was found shortly before 10 p.m. The Water Patrol division of the Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating.