- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two Cape men arrested after weekend shooting
Two Cape Girardeau men are in jail on charges of first-degree assault and armed criminal action following a Sunday shooting that left a man with a gunshot wound to the head.
Jimmy Ray Bell, 28, and Seth Andrew Summers, 31, both of Cape Girardeau, were being held at the Cape Girardeau County Justice Center each on $200,000 cash-only bonds. The victim was transported and admitted to a hospital, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department.
The department received a 911 call after an individual covered in blood knocked on a door in the Neelys Landing area, the release said. It was determined after officers arrived on the scene that the victim had a gunshot wound to the head.
The victim identified the two men as the ones who had assaulted him, the release said.
The victim told police that the three of them had parked on a county road and were drinking when Bell pulled out a handgun. The victim said he was then sprayed in the face with pepper spray and shot by Bell. Bell and Summers allegedly fled the area in Summers' vehicle, although they were arrested a short time later by deputies.
Neelys Landing, MO