- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
FAMILY VIDEO OFFERING FREE CATALOG MOVIE RENTALS!
We at Family Video are concerned about the effect the lingering recession, chronic unemployment and high gas prices are having on our customers and their families. We feel that some people have to forgo the enjoyment of movies and games for other, more essential items. To combat this problem, Family Video is going to test offering all of their catalog titles for free-everyday. In our local store that represents about 4000 movies. Thats in addition to the 700 kids, sports & fitness and educational movies that already rent free. Thats now almost 5000 movies that rent for free everyday!
" This program is just an extension of the other things we do to give back to the communities we operate in. Things like free turkeys to needy families at thanksgiving and again on christmas. And our famous 'Report Card A' program which gives a free rental for each "A" attained at the year end. Last year we gave 2 million movie rentals to school children for free with this program" says Roy Williams III, Vice President and Regional Director of Family Video.
Williams also noted "With our new free catalog movie rentals you can imagine a young family of four whose sole breadwinner is temporarily out of work not feeling they can afford to rent movies. No problem! Mom, Dad and the kids all get great movies for free. Or a single mom with two young children. Her and the kids get movies as well. No problem! Or college students on a budget. No problem! Our business model is to treat people how we would like to be treated. This program is a natural extension of that philosophy. We give back the communities we operate in. We hire local people and, since we own our properties, we pay taxes that support the community's schools, police and fire departments. Our competitors, Redbox and Netflix only take money out of the community and give nothing back."
Williams also noted: "Our catalog section is full of great movies with great actors like Al Pacino, Robert Deniro, Will Smith, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Alba, Kate Winslett, Leo Dicaprio, Katherine Heigl and James Masden in movies like Invincible, Good Luck Chuck, Righteous Kill, Revolutionary Road, 27 Dresses and thousands more."
Family Video is the largest privately owned video store company in the country and the second largest ranked by number of stores. The company has been consistently growing for the last 30+ years which creates a constant need for new employees at all levels including management. For more information on the company go to familyvideo.com or inquire at a local store.