- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
People on the move 8/29/11
VP named at Commerce Bank
Jeffrey Hotop has been promoted to vice president of commercial lending for the Commerce Bank's Southeast Missouri region. Hotop is responsible for business development and relationship management for commercial clients. He has been with Commerce Bank since 2008 and was with US Bank before joining Commerce. Hotop earned his undergraduate degree in finance from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004.
New chiropractor in Jackson
Jeremiah Mosher has joined Andrews Chiropractic and Acupuncture Center in Jackson. Mosher began his undergraduate in kinesiology at Bethel University in Minneapolis and finished with a degree in life sciences at Logan University. He continued at Logan to receive his chiropractic degree and is now finishing his master's in sports science and rehabilitation. His interests and specialties include treatment of chronic injuries, athletic injuries, muscle re-education, nutrition and family wellness.
Burgfeld joins Element 74
Darren Burgfeld is now working at Element 74 as project manager and client liaison. Burgfeld will oversee both design and custom development phases of each project, as well as coach clients with their social media presence. In addition, he will help produce copy that is search engine optimized. Burgfeld previously worked for three years as copywriter and part of the marketing team for Shoebacca.com, based in Irving, Texas. He was also the U.S. tour manager for Emergenza U.S. Entertainment. Burgfeld received his bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University. Element 74 is a website and custom software development firm in Cape Girardeau that helps businesses and organizations will all aspects of their web presence.
-- From staff reports