- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Central Junior High Cheerleaders attended NCA (National Cheerleaders Association) camp at Southeast Missouri State July 25-28. During camp the 20 cheerleaders, along with their Tiger Mascot, earned three superior ribbons for cheers and chant performances, a red excellent ribbon for a cheer performance, both coaches were awarded NCA Coaches Credentialing, Herkie Team award, spirit stick, bid to NCA nationals, SPOT safety award, and overall Top Team in the Junior High/Freshman division. In addition to team awards there were also nine CJHS cheerleaders and their Mascot nominated for All-American cheerleader and those were: Anna Margetta, Hanna Borders, Madilyn Dunn, Madison Dush, Taylor Clifton, Riley Knight, Bella Sander, KeiAirian Umfleet, Caroline Rollins, and Tiger Mascot Brynna Bockhorst. Of those nominated Bella Sander was chosen as a NCA All-American Cheerleader and Brynna Bockhorst was chosen as a NCA All-American Cheerleading Mascot. The CJHS Cheerleaders are currently preparing for their upcoming football and basketball seasons as well as their National Competition in February. Congratulations to the CJHS Cheerleaders!
front row Riley Knight (captain) and Bella Sander (captain).
second row Hanna Borders, KeiAirian Umfleet, Caitlyn Dumey, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Alicia Barber and Jayden Marra.
third row: Madilyn Dunn, Anna Margetta (co-captain), Caroline Rollins, Alexis Runnels, Taylor Clifton, Andrea Riebling.
fourth row: Madison Dush, Conner Propst, Alexus Walker, Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Kameelah England, and Tiger Mascot Brynna Bockhorst.