- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Central Junior High Cheerleaders attended NCA (National Cheerleaders Association) camp at Southeast Missouri State July 25-28. During camp the 20 cheerleaders, along with their Tiger Mascot, earned three superior ribbons for cheers and chant performances, a red excellent ribbon for a cheer performance, both coaches were awarded NCA Coaches Credentialing, Herkie Team award, spirit stick, bid to NCA nationals, SPOT safety award, and overall Top Team in the Junior High/Freshman division. In addition to team awards there were also nine CJHS cheerleaders and their Mascot nominated for All-American cheerleader and those were: Anna Margetta, Hanna Borders, Madilyn Dunn, Madison Dush, Taylor Clifton, Riley Knight, Bella Sander, KeiAirian Umfleet, Caroline Rollins, and Tiger Mascot Brynna Bockhorst. Of those nominated Bella Sander was chosen as a NCA All-American Cheerleader and Brynna Bockhorst was chosen as a NCA All-American Cheerleading Mascot. The CJHS Cheerleaders are currently preparing for their upcoming football and basketball seasons as well as their National Competition in February. Congratulations to the CJHS Cheerleaders!
front row Riley Knight (captain) and Bella Sander (captain).
second row Hanna Borders, KeiAirian Umfleet, Caitlyn Dumey, Connor Murphy (co-captain), Hattie Madsen, Alicia Barber and Jayden Marra.
third row: Madilyn Dunn, Anna Margetta (co-captain), Caroline Rollins, Alexis Runnels, Taylor Clifton, Andrea Riebling.
fourth row: Madison Dush, Conner Propst, Alexus Walker, Hannah Elledge-Glueck, Kameelah England, and Tiger Mascot Brynna Bockhorst.