- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Central softball improves to 2-0
The Central softball team improved to 2-0 with Wednesday's 9-3 victory at Fredericktown.
Lexi Smith went 3 for 4, including a double, to lead the Tigers. Madison Daume added two hits.
Kadie Orenstein was the winning pitcher. She also improved to 2-0.
Central had nine hits compared to eight for Fredericktown.
WP -- Kadie Orenstein. 2B -- Lexi Smith (C). Multiple hits -- Central: Smith 3-4, Madison Daume 2-3. Records -- Central 2-0.
Eldorado 175, Anna-Jonesboro 179, Notre Dame 186
Camille Brewer shot a 44 for the Bulldogs' low score at Union County Country Club.
Morgan Schumer carded a 9-over-par 45.
Mattie Beussink (48) and Andrea Younghouse (49) rounded out Notre Dame's scoring.
Anna-Jonesboro's Courtney Hick was the medalist with a 37.
Notre Dame returns to action Tuesday at Farmington.
-- From staff reports