- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
McCLURE, Ill. -- Billie L. Propst, 83, of McClure passed away Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 21, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Lloyd "Pete" and Frieda Stovall Propst. He and Lois Propst were married March 4, 1963, in Cape Girardeau.
Billie was a graduate of Central High School and attended Southeast Missouri State University.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.
Billie worked for the U.S. Postal Service in Cape Girardeau more than 30 years. He was a member of Kimbeland Country Club, Elks Lodge and the Naval Reserve.
Survivors include his wife, Lois "Lorrie" Propst of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Terry (Steve) Myles of Arnold, Mo., Lisa K. (Jeff) Smith and Stacey M. (Rodney) Henderson of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Elizabeth Lange of St. Louis; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A private service will be held at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Jeff Long officiating.
Memorial contributions may be given to the American Cancer Society, 106 Farrar Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701, or the American Heart Association, P.O. Box 1653, Topeka, KS 66601-1653.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.