- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Three arrested in Pakistan over U.S. man's abduction
LAHORE, Pakistan -- Police say they have arrested three people suspected of belonging to the gang that abducted a 70-year-old American development expert in Pakistan earlier this month.
Lahore police chief Malik Ahmed Raza said Wednesday the arrests were made after officers tracked cellphone numbers. He gave no more details.
Warren Weinstein was seized by up to 10 gunmen Aug. 13 from his home in Lahore.
Authorities have not said who they believe seized him, though Islamist militants or criminal gangs seeking ransom are both possibilities.