- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
Three arrested in Pakistan over U.S. man's abduction
LAHORE, Pakistan -- Police say they have arrested three people suspected of belonging to the gang that abducted a 70-year-old American development expert in Pakistan earlier this month.
Lahore police chief Malik Ahmed Raza said Wednesday the arrests were made after officers tracked cellphone numbers. He gave no more details.
Warren Weinstein was seized by up to 10 gunmen Aug. 13 from his home in Lahore.
Authorities have not said who they believe seized him, though Islamist militants or criminal gangs seeking ransom are both possibilities.