- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Nelly planning a recording school in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS -- Hip-hop star Nelly is teaming with Vatterott College to help others from his hometown get into the music industry.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Wednesday that Nelly and Vatterott plan to put a music recording school on Laclede's Landing in St. Louis, at the site of his former Skybox Sports Bar & Grill.
The Vatterott College Ex'treme Institute should be ready by October and will include a recording studio, music engineering space and a graphic studio where students can produce album covers and other artwork related to music.
Vatterott's chief executive said people who want to learn to record any type of music will be welcome.