- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson man to be arraigned next month on kidnapping charges
OZARK, Mo. -- A Jackson man charged with three counts of felony kidnapping and one count of child abduction in southwest Missouri has been bound over to a higher court after an appearance on Tuesday.
Scott Pikey, 40, will be arraigned in circuit court after an associate court preliminary hearing Tuesday in Christian County. Pikey's next court appearance has been scheduled for 10 a.m. on Sept. 16, according to the Christian County Circuit Clerk's office.
Pikey was arrested in July 2010 after allegedly kidnapping his children from a domestic violence shelter in Ozark. Police said Pikey also violated a protection order when he tracked down his ex-wife at the shelter by using the GPS-enabled sensor in her car.
The clerk's office said Pikey has been released on his own recognizance.