- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
High school roundup: Oran escapes with 9-8 win in opener
Oran scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning on an error to defeat visiting St. Vincent in softball action Tuesday.
The Eagles opened a five-run lead after two innings, but the Indians climbed back into it and tied the game with a run in the top of the sixth. But Oran managed to escape with the 9-8 win in its season opener.
Addie Kielhofner went 4 for 4 with two doubles, while Baily Carlyle added two hits in the win.
Chrissy Sauceda went 2 for 4 for the Eagles.
Morgan Todt struck out four in a winning effort.
Abby Ruessler smacked two doubles and one triple for the Indians.
WP -- Morgan Todt, 1-0. LP -- Nicole Pruett. 3B -- Kayla Seabaugh (SV), Abby Ruessler (SV). 2B -- Ruessler 2 (SV), Addie Kielhofner 2 (O). Multiple hits -- St. Vincent: Seabaugh 2-5, Ruessler 3-4; Oran: Kielhofner 4-4, Baily Carlyle 2-3, Chrissy Sauceda 2-4. Records -- St. Vincent 1-1, Oran 1-0.
Kelly 10, Chaffee 2
Jade Rampley and Sydney Vinyard drove in two runs apiece to lead the host Hawks to their second victory of the season.
Rampley went 2 for 4, while Vinyard went 1 for 3 with a double.
Kristy Brucker struck out three for the win.
Adrienne Eichhorn doubled for Chaffee (1-1).
WP -- Kristi Brucker, 2-0. LP -- Kaitlin McFerron, 0-1. 2B -- Sydney Vinyard (K), Worth (K), Adrienne Eichhorn (C). Multiple hits -- Kelly: Vinyard 1-3, Jade Rampley 2-4, Emily Grojean 2-4. Records -- Chaffee 1-1, Kelly 2-0.
-- From staff reports