- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
A response to my letter
In response to my recent letter to the editor telling the truth about Democrat policies and Democrat politicians like McCaskill and Obama, Martha Thompson of Jackson responded just as I described Democrat sycophants always do in my letter. She does not try to rebut the facts, because she knows my facts are correct about Obama and McCaskill. All she could do was name-call, calling me "stingy." Then she gave some anecdotal story to elicit sympathy about how compassionate it is to give promiscuous girls free birth control paid for by taxpayers. (One point out of the litany of Democrat abuses of tax dollars.)
Somehow I don't find that my "duty." Neither do I find the authority to bind such a burden of responsibility for another citizen (who has a moral duty to be self-responsible) upon taxpayers anywhere in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.
Ms. Thompson says President Obama and Claire McCaskill both have gainful employment. Yippee! Who funds that gainful employment check, Ms. Thompson? It's me and other "stingy" taxpayers who are "gainfully employed" in the private sector.
It is the private-sector employers and employees who provide the gas for this country's economy, not tax-gobbling and overspending hypocrites like McCaskill and Obama who ride high and mighty on our backs digging their spurs deep into our flanks. It's time we threw them off our backs.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.