- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Celina Rene Howard Payne, 33, of Advance passed away Saturday, Aug. 20, 2011, at Southest Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 27, 1978, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Frankie and Janet Acord Howard. She and Jackie Payne were married Dec. 9, 2006.
Celina was six months pregnant with a son, Jesse Lee.
She attended Perkins Church at Perkins, Mo. She was a very compassionate and caring CNA; her residents and co-workers loved her and always told her that she would have a crown waiting for her in heaven.
Celina helped everyone she could and never thought of herself. She will be missed by all who knew her.
Loving survivors include her husband; parents; Frankie and Janet Howard of Zalma, Mo.; two sisters; Shonda Howard of Jackson, Wendy Howard of Zalma; two nephews, Zachary Howard and Dallan Stotts; maternal grandmother, Phyllis Acord of Patton, Mo.; many aunts, uncles, and cousins.
She was preceded in death by a stillborn son, Jordan; maternal grandfather, Franklin "Joker" Acord; paternal grandparents, Tollie Howard and Roy Jane Alleman.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Advance Assembly of God Church, with the Rev. Brad Moore officiating. Burial will be in Cato Cemetery.