- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Five arrested in East Prairie face drug charges
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Five area residents have been arrested on drug-related charges.
Mississippi County Sheriff Keith Moore said his department began an investigation after receiving a tip about a possible methamphetamine lab. Officers went to a residence in East Prairie, Mo., on Aug. 13, where Moore said they found items used in making methamphetamine, a substance field-tested as methamphetamine, processed marijuana and a marijuana plant.
* Christopher Ray Bisher, 25, of East Prairie, who is charged with manufacture of methamphetamine, resisting arrest and possession of methamphetamine precursor. His bond was set at $50,000 on each count.
* Jessica Lynn Housman, 26, of Anniston, Mo., who is charged with endangering the welfare of a child, possession of drug paraphernalia and contraband within a county jail. Her bond is set at $10,000.
* Harold Shawn Matheney, 34, of East Prairie, who is charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine precursors. His bond is set at $50,000.
* Sarah Elizabeth Tatum, 17, of Anniston, who is charged with endangering the welfare of a child and possession of drug paraphernalia. Her bond is set at $25,000.
* Joshua Grant Johnston, 25, of East Prairie, who is charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and endangering the welfare of a child. His bond is set at $10,000.
Preliminary hearings are set for 10 a.m. Sept. 14 for Bisher, Housman, Tatum and Johnston. A change-of-judge assignment is being sought for Matheney.
East Prairie, MO