- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Cara Elaine Massey, 22, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Aug. 18, 2011, in Marble Hill.
She was born April 23, 1989, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Gary and Mary Elaine Houston Nanney Massey.
Cara was a 2007 graduate of Woodland High School. She was a certified nurses aide.
Survivors include a daughter, Ariel Elaine Massey of Marble Hill; her parents of Marble Hill; two brothers, Chris Nanney of Festus, Mo., Eric Massey of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Amanda Lowery of Glenallen, Mo.; maternal grandmother, Shirley Houston; and paternal grandparents, Bill and Patsy Massey, all of Marble Hill.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests monetary memorials be given toward funeral expenses.