- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dolores June McConnell Duck, 75, passed away in Avon Park, Fla., on Aug. 14, 2011.
She was born July 27, 1936, in Malden, Mo., to the Rev. Cecil H. and Nancy Sarah Predeau McConnell.
Dolores had lived in Avon Park since 2006, moving from Jackson. She served as executive director of the General Baptist Women's Ministries and was of the General Baptist belief. Her life's passions were family, friends, and the work of the kingdom of God.
She is survived by her beloved husband of 57 years, Bill J. Duck; two daughters, Susan Duck Bennett and husband Rick, Maynan Duck Christian and husband Leotis; a grandson, Ricky Bennett and wife Elizabeth; a granddaughter, Sarah Christian; two great-grandsons, Luke and Joshua Bennett; a brother, C.H. McConnell; 10 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded by her parents, Rev. Cecil Henry and Nancy Sarah McConnell; a brother, William Joseph "Billy Joe" McConnell; and a sister, Nancy Sue McConnell King.
Visitation will be from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. Aug. 27 at First General Baptist Church, 1812 Cape LaCroix Road, Cape Girardeau.
The memorial service will be at 2 p.m. at the church, with the Rev. Leland Duncan officiating. Interment will be Aug. 28, 2011, in Piggott Cemetery in Piggott, Ark.
Stephenson-Nelson Funeral Home in Sebring, Fla., is in charge of arrangements.
Friends may contribute in memory of Dolores to: General Baptist Women's Ministries, 100 Stinson Drive, Poplar Bluff, Mo., 63901. Please designate "D. Duck Memorial WME"; First General Baptist Church, 1812 Cape LaCroix Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 (please designate "Dolores Duck Memorial"); or Rick Bennett Ministries Inc., Freedom Gate Intl. Ministries, P.O. Box 12320, Tempe, Ariz., 85282. Please designate "Dolores Duck Missions Memorial."