- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Saturday Old Town Cape's annual Charles L. Hutson Auction will be held at 5 p.m. at the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus.
Following this year's auction -- which includes a cocktail reception, food being provided by several downtown restaurants -- will be a benefit concert by Straight No Chaser, an a cappella group from Indiana University.
Proceeds from the auction and concert will help cover Old Town Cape's operating costs, which in turn aids in the continued revitalization of downtown Cape Girardeau.
Also noteworthy is the person for whom the auction is named: Charles L. Hutson. Hutson -- who passed away in 2003 -- was a leading businessman, active member of the community and a strong advocate to keep downtown Cape Girardeau a vibrant business district. His legacy continues through events like the Old Town Cape auction as well as through his wife, Judi, and sons, Chris and Dave, who manage the family furniture store in downtown Cape Girardeau. Additionally, the chairwoman of the auction again this year is Jerra Hutson, Charles' daughter-in-law.
If you would like to support Old Town Cape by attending the auction, concert or both, we would encourage you to purchase tickets ahead of time. Tickets for the reception, auction, preferred concert seating and a VIP meet-and-greet following the show are $45. To purchase these tickets, which are limited, you may call Old Town Cape at 334-8085. Concert only tickets start at $15 and may be purchased through the River Campus box office at 651-2265.