- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Saturday Old Town Cape's annual Charles L. Hutson Auction will be held at 5 p.m. at the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus.
Following this year's auction -- which includes a cocktail reception, food being provided by several downtown restaurants -- will be a benefit concert by Straight No Chaser, an a cappella group from Indiana University.
Proceeds from the auction and concert will help cover Old Town Cape's operating costs, which in turn aids in the continued revitalization of downtown Cape Girardeau.
Also noteworthy is the person for whom the auction is named: Charles L. Hutson. Hutson -- who passed away in 2003 -- was a leading businessman, active member of the community and a strong advocate to keep downtown Cape Girardeau a vibrant business district. His legacy continues through events like the Old Town Cape auction as well as through his wife, Judi, and sons, Chris and Dave, who manage the family furniture store in downtown Cape Girardeau. Additionally, the chairwoman of the auction again this year is Jerra Hutson, Charles' daughter-in-law.
If you would like to support Old Town Cape by attending the auction, concert or both, we would encourage you to purchase tickets ahead of time. Tickets for the reception, auction, preferred concert seating and a VIP meet-and-greet following the show are $45. To purchase these tickets, which are limited, you may call Old Town Cape at 334-8085. Concert only tickets start at $15 and may be purchased through the River Campus box office at 651-2265.