- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
In federal court : Woman sentenced to more than 10 years on drug-related charges
The U.S. attorney's office released the following information Tuesday for defendants who appeared before U.S. District Judge Carol E. Jackson.
Name: Marylynn Bozell
Residence: Scott County, Mo.
Charge: Two counts of possession of more than five grams of methamphetamine with intent to distribute
Summary: Bozell was sentenced to 130 months and 100 months in prison on the two separate counts and will serve four years of supervised parole following her release. She was arrested Sept. 29 during a traffic stop in Scott County. A deputy performed a consent search and found nine small bags of methamphetamine. Bozell was arrested a second time during her pretrial release on Jan. 28 by SEMO Drug Task Force officers. She was found in possession of 11 grams of methamphetamine.