- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Two face meth charges after Cape traffic stop
A Cape Girardeau couple was arrested on methamphetamine charges after a traffic stop Sunday afternoon.
Nicole L. Turner, 37, and Tyler D. Emerson, 23, were pulled over on Sprigg Street after officers with the SEMO Drug Task Force received a tip that the truck they were driving may have had methamphetamine in it, said Cape Girardeau police officer Jason Selzer.
A search of the vehicle turned up a loaded weapon and drugs believed to be methamphetamine on both Turner and Emerson, police said. Police also searched the home the couple had just left at 600 Timon Way and said they found several items used to manufacture of methamphetamine.
They were arrested and charged Monday with one count each of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Emerson was arraigned Monday, and a preliminary hearing was scheduled for Sept. 9.
Turner waived her arraignment, and her case was continued until Monday, Aug. 22.
Sprigg and Bertling Streets, Cape Girardeau, MO