- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
KELSO, Mo. -- Rita A. Heisserer Eichhorn, 80, of Kelso, died Sunday Aug. 14, 2011, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born to the late August Joseph and Rosalia Glastetter Heisserer. She married Ervin Eichhorn on Feb. 4, 1948, and he survives.
She was a member at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso.
Rita is survived by her husband, Ervin of Kelso; three sons, Randy (Tammy) Eichhorn of Pocahontas, Lester (Pam) Eichhorn of Chaffee, Mo., and Jerome (Myra) Eichhorn of Scott City; two daughters, Rose Ann (Herb) Thomas of Crozet, Va., and Laura (Butch) Stidham of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Barney Heisserer of Kelso and Lawrence Heisserer of Cape Girardeau, 11 grandchildren, Ben (Elena) Thomas, Ian Thomas, Austin Thomas, Erik (Becky) Stidham, Megan (Richel) Pingkian, Shawn Bollinger, Jesse Bollinger, Hillary Eichhorn, Adrienne Eichhorn, Sarah Eichhorn and Alex Eichhorn; four great-grandchildren; Felicity "Lizzie" Pingkian, Brenden Pingkian, Bolden Bollinger and Riley Bollinger.
She was also preceded in death by four sisters and five brothers.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with parish prayers at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Augustine Catholic Church, with Father Oliver Clavin celebrant. Burial will follow at St. Augustine Catholic Cemetery in Kelso.