- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kenneth C. Detherage, 90, of Jackson passed away Friday, Aug. 5, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 22, 1921, in Barbourville, Ky., to Albert and Ethel Golden Detherage.
Detherage was a World War II veteran and served with the U.S. Marine Corps on Guadalcanal, Aug. 7, 1942.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth C. Detherage Jr. and fiancee Judy Peterson of Johnson City, Tenn.; two granddaughters, Laurastine Creed of Richmond, Va., Shelley Keever of Concord, N.C.; and three great-grandchildren. Special friends include Mary Wilhite and Virginia Turley.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Lillian; and a brother.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. today at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.