- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Thomas Washington Hitt, 87, of Advance passed away Sunday, Aug. 14, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 1, 1923, in Advance, son of Robert and Altha Wiseman Hitt. He and Rosemary Eakin were married June 21, 1946, at Marble Hill, Mo. She preceded him in death May 14, 2003.
Hitt was a farmer and member of Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include a son, Mike Hitt of Advance; a daughter, Marsha Walker of Dexter, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Tom Kelsey and Earl Norman will officiate. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery.