- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau home where October 2009 murders happened burglarized
The home of John Lawrence, where the 2009 shooting deaths of Jamie Lynn Orman, her 15-year-old son Derrick Orman and her unborn child occurred, was burglarized Sunday night, according to Cape Girardeau police.
A neighbor watching the home at 1224 Missouri Ave. in Cape Girardeau while Lawrence was out of town discovered about 7 a.m. that someone had broken into the home by breaking the glass in a rear door. Several television sets, video game consoles and a shotgun were taken, the neighbor told police.
An investigation into the incident continues and officer Jason Selzer said it is possible other items may have been taken as well. Officers were waiting to speak to Lawrence to verify everything that was missing.
Ryan Patterson was found guilty earlier this month of murdering of Jamie Orman, her son and her unborn child.
1224 Missouri Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO