- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Weekend accidents injure several in Scott, Bollinger counties
Several people were injured in car accidents on state highways over the weekend in Scott and Bollinger counties.
Three people were injured in a crash Sunday afternoon on Highway 77, a half-mile east of Benton, Mo., according to the highway patrol. The accident happened when Jacquelynne N. Caldwell, 21, of Benton, failed to yield while making a left turn and drove into the path of 23-year-old Charity N. Illig of Dexter, Mo. Caldwell's vehicle then hit a vehicle driven by David L. Kilburn, 63, of Benton. Illig and Caldwell were taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center with moderate injuries. All the injured parties were wearing seat belts.
Saturday night two Illinois residents were injured in a crash on Interstate 55 in Scott County near mile marker 82. Seth A. Barnhart, 16, of Chaffee, Mo., struck a vehicle driven by Robert A. Blankenship, 54, of Pana, Ill., in the rear. Blankenship and his passenger, Edna B. Sims, 50, of Taylorville, Ill., were taken to Saint Francis Medical Center by ambulance with moderate injuries. Both were wearing seat belts.
A Bollinger County woman was injured early Saturday morning when she lost control of her vehicle and ran off the road around 3:30 a.m., striking a tree along County Road 522 in Bollinger County. Pamela K. Propst, 20, of Gipsy, Mo., was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center with moderate injuries. She wasn't wearing a seat belt, the patrol said.