- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 8/15/11
Counselor opens office
Patrick W. Tankersley, a licensed professional counselor, has opened Faith Focused Counseling, 3095 Lexington Ave., Suite 200 in Cape Girardeau. He will focus on adult individual, marriage and family counseling as well as counseling people with depression and anxieties. Tankersley, who grew up in Delta, has a bachelor's degree in education and received his master's degree in counseling in 1995. Most recently, Tankersley worked as a pastor at Cape Bible Chapel. He entered the ministry in 1986, serving as a pastor at several Southeast Missouri churches. Since 1995, he has worked at the Community Counseling Center and for Ken Callis Counseling. Faith Focused Counseling accepts most commercial insurance and self-pay patients.
Analyst completes training
Nick Snyder, credit analyst with Alliance Bank in Cape Girardeau, recently attended weeklong training at the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending in Nashville, Tenn. The course provided insight into lending. Snyder recently celebrated his third anniversary with Alliance Bank.
Cape installer in top 100
Danny Mcmillian, a mobile electronics installation professional at Stereo One in Cape Girardeau, was recognized as one of Mobile Electronics magazine's Top 100 Installers for 2010-2011. The Top 100 list is compiled each year from nominations by factory and independent sales and customer service representatives from the mobile electronics industry. The magazine has been compiling the Top 100 list for more than 15 years. Mcmillian is now eligible for consideration for the Top 12 finalists and the magazine's Installer of the Year award.
Big River hires, promotions
Big River Telephone recently added to its staff and promoted several employees in the network engineering and network operations departments. Nathan Bollinger, an alumnus of Southeast Missouri State University, has been promoted to network engineer. Bollinger has been with Big River for 12 years. Cory Seabaugh has also been promoted to network engineer. Seabaugh started with Big River as a field technician three years ago. He has a degree in industrial technology from Southeast Missouri State University. Seabaugh specializes in porting services and installing equipment at the customer site. Sunil Kharyal has joined the network engineering team at Big River. Kharyal graduated from Southeast Missouri State University with a master's degree in industrial management with a concentration in telecommunications. Trevor Pearman has been promoted to network operations engineer. He has worked in many departments within Big River during his nine-year tenure. Luke White has joined the network operations staff at Big River. White started with Big River in 2010 on the advanced technical support team. He has earned two associate of science degrees, one in microcomputer support and the other in networking. James Eakin was promoted to network operations engineer. Eakin began with Big River in provisioning in 2008 and later became a supervisor within that department.
-- From staff reports