- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Scott wins second gold medal at meet
Cape Girardeau's Susan Beth Scott won her second gold medal at the Pan Pacific Para Swimming Championships in Edmonton, Alberta.
Scott was part of the victorious 400 medley relay, joining Anna Eames, Jessica Long and Mallory Weggemann.
Scott then took silver in the 100 freestyle with a personal-best time of 1 minute, 1.62 seconds. She added bronze medals in the 200 individual medley and 100 backstroke.
"Susan Beth has stepped up to every race and raced like the champion she is," national team coach Dave Denniston said in a release. "Even more impressive, she is really becoming a leader for our U.S. women's team."
The 19-year-old has won two golds, a silver and three bronzes so far. She completes competition today in the 400 freestyle relay.
-- From staff reports