A fire severely damaged a home Friday morning on South Hanover Street in Cape Girardeau. According to a Cape Girardeau Fire Department news release, the vacant home at 128 S. Hanover St. received about $85,000 worth of damage when fire ripped through the house. Firefighters were called to the scene at 3:23 a.m. According to the release, the blaze appeared to have started on the second floor. A fire department spokeswoman later said the cause was determined to be electrical. The fire was considered accidental, she said. Cape Girardeau firefighters had help battling the blaze from Scott City, Jackson and East County fire crews.
128 S. Hanover St., Cape Girardeau, MO