- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MOUNT AIRY, Md. -- Margaret M. Young, 89, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Thursday, Aug. 11, 2011, at the Kline Hospice House in Mount Airy.
She was born Jan. 28, 1922, at Cape Girardeau to William D. and Hilda Philipps Masters. She was the wife of the late James W. Young.
After high school she went on to become a registered nurse, working in family planning for various health departments. She enjoyed taking country rides and spending time with her family.
Survivors include two daughters, Judy Tuccinardi and husband Tom of Mount Airy and Barb Eager and husband Keith of Powell Butte, Ore.; five grandchildren, Jeff Eager and wife Anna of Bend, Ore., Kyle Eager and wife Nina, and Jenelle Eager, all of Redmond, Ore., Paul Tuccinardi and wife Kristin of Middle River, Md., and Ryan Tuccinardi of Frederick, Md.; and great-grandchildren, Emily, Austin, Ava and Alice.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Paul Masters.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Hospice of Frederick County, P.O. Box 1799, Frederick, MD 21702, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., 434 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001, or a charity of choice.
Online condolences can be made at www.staufferfuneralhome.com.