- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Neighbor charged with murder in connection with girl's disappearance
SENATH, Mo. -- A neighbor of a 3-year-old girl missing from Senath since Aug. 6 has been arrested and charged with her murder while multiple law enforcement agencies continue to search for her body in rural Dunklin County.
According to the Daily Dunklin Democrat, Shawn Morgan, 43, has been charged with first-degree murder, armed criminal action and tampering with physical evidence in connection with the disappearance of Breeann Rodriguez.
Rodriguez and her bicycle were taken from in front of her home Aug. 6. Training wheels thought to be from the bicycle were discovered earlier in the week.
Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen P. Sokoloff said at a news conference Saturday that Morgan allegedly caused the death of Rodriguez by suffocation.
Morgan is being held at the Dunklin County Justice Center on a no-bond order and will appear in court at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Dunklin County Courthouse.
Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder said waters are being dragged in areas of interest in Dunklin County in the search for Rodriguez's body by the sheriff's department, the Dunklin County Major Case Squad and the Missouri Department of Conservation.