- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Trial date set for Jackson man accused of molesting teen
A Jackson man will be tried in November on two counts of statutory sodomy with an underage girl.
A trial date of Nov. 29 was set Friday for Kenneth G. Higgins, 47, before Judge Ben Lewis. A pretrial conference will be held Nov. 14.
Higgins was arrested in 2010 on two counts of statutory sodomy for allegedly having deviate sexual intercourse with a girl younger than 14 years old.
During a hearing last fall, the victim, now 19, told the court that Higgins first molested her when she was 12 and the sexual abuse stopped after she turned 15.
She told the court Higgins made her touch him inappropriately and he would touch her inappropriately. He also tried to force her to to have sexual intercourse with him, she said.
Higgins has been released on a $75,000 bond.
100 Court St., Jackson, MO