- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Time-saving tips for preparing healthy family meals
Keeping up with busy schedules and making nutrition a priority is a challenge many families face year after year. For those families that are time-crunched, there are plenty of ready-to-use or quick-use products to substitute in recipes to save time. Uncle Ben's Ready Rice products are Ready to eat in just 90 seconds, they can be enjoyed as part of a balanced meal plan with zero grams trans fat and zero saturated fat.
Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced (approximately 1 cup cooked; 8 ounces raw)
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or lite soy sauce
1 spray of cooking spray
1 tablespoon whole sesame seeds
1 -- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
1/2 cup carrots cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup snow peas
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, with fluid
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Jasmine
Marinate sliced chicken breast in lite soy sauce. Heat large pan or wok over high heat. When pan is hot, lightly coat with cooking spray and add the chicken and soy sauce.
Cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes; add sesame seeds and ginger powder, stir to coat.
Add carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, including liquid, and toasted sesame oil.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender. Add rice; toss to combine.