- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Time-saving tips for preparing healthy family meals
Keeping up with busy schedules and making nutrition a priority is a challenge many families face year after year. For those families that are time-crunched, there are plenty of ready-to-use or quick-use products to substitute in recipes to save time. Uncle Ben's Ready Rice products are Ready to eat in just 90 seconds, they can be enjoyed as part of a balanced meal plan with zero grams trans fat and zero saturated fat.
Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced (approximately 1 cup cooked; 8 ounces raw)
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or lite soy sauce
1 spray of cooking spray
1 tablespoon whole sesame seeds
1 -- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
1/2 cup carrots cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup snow peas
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, with fluid
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Jasmine
Marinate sliced chicken breast in lite soy sauce. Heat large pan or wok over high heat. When pan is hot, lightly coat with cooking spray and add the chicken and soy sauce.
Cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes; add sesame seeds and ginger powder, stir to coat.
Add carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, including liquid, and toasted sesame oil.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender. Add rice; toss to combine.