- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Time-saving tips for preparing healthy family meals
Keeping up with busy schedules and making nutrition a priority is a challenge many families face year after year. For those families that are time-crunched, there are plenty of ready-to-use or quick-use products to substitute in recipes to save time. Uncle Ben's Ready Rice products are Ready to eat in just 90 seconds, they can be enjoyed as part of a balanced meal plan with zero grams trans fat and zero saturated fat.
Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced (approximately 1 cup cooked; 8 ounces raw)
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or lite soy sauce
1 spray of cooking spray
1 tablespoon whole sesame seeds
1 -- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
1/2 cup carrots cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup snow peas
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, with fluid
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Jasmine
Marinate sliced chicken breast in lite soy sauce. Heat large pan or wok over high heat. When pan is hot, lightly coat with cooking spray and add the chicken and soy sauce.
Cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes; add sesame seeds and ginger powder, stir to coat.
Add carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, including liquid, and toasted sesame oil.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender. Add rice; toss to combine.