- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Schaefer - Mumiukha
Kristin Jane Schaefer and Francis Mumelo W. Mumiukha were married Jan. 1, 2011, at St. Augustine Church in Kelso, Mo. The Rev. Oliver Clavin and the Rev. Kizito performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Ressel and soloist was Renee Reinagel, both of Kelso.
The bride is the daughter of Ron and Patty Schaefer of Scott City. The groom is the son of Pius and Anne Mumiukha of Egerton, Kenya.
Maid of honor was Lauren Schaefer of Scott City, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Cora Williams of Scott City and Ashley Taylor of Chicago.
Edwin Odipo Nymwala of Mayfield, Ky., was best man. Groomsmen were Paul Kasili of Boston, Mass., cousin of the groom, and Garett Schaefer of Scott City, brother of the bride. Usher was Specialist Matthew Schaefer of Ft. Sill, Okla., brother of the bride.
Candlelighters were Megan Miller and Carson Miller, cousins of the bride. Megan is the daughter of Rob and Susan Miller of St. Louis. Carson is the daughter of Rick and Amy Miller of Plainfield, Ill.
Flower girl was Payton Miller, goddaughter of the bride, and ringbearer was Colton Miller, children of Rob and Susan Miller and cousins of the bride.
The reception was held in St. Augustine gym.
The bride's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Dec. 31, 2010, at their home.
Mrs. Mumiukha received a bachelor's degree in exercise science and a master's degree in human development and leadership from Murray State University. She is pursuing a doctorate in leadership in higher and adult education, and is a graduate assistant in the Department of Leadership at the University of Memphis.
The groom received a bachelor's degree in mathematics and physics and a master's degree in education from Bethel University. He plans to pursue a master's degree in engineering at the University of Memphis in January 2012. He is assistant housing director and mathematics instructor at Bethel University.
The couple is residing in Memphis.