- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Shirrell - Roop
Kristin Brooke Shirrell and Jared Franklin Roop were married Aug. 7, 2010, at Bethel Assembly of God Church. The Rev. Phil Roop performed the ceremony. Pianist was Heather Sneed and soloist was Molli Young, both of Cape Girardeau.
Parents of the couple are Clayton and Sherri Shirrell and Phil and Denise Roop, all of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Erica Shirrell of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Carissa Wheeler; Sabra Roop, sister of the groom; and Lacy Boeller, cousin of the bride; all of Cape Girardeau.
Joel Smart of Springfield, Mo., was best man. Groomsmen were Jonah Roop, brother of the groom; Joe Lapusan and Danny Wilson, all of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Kirk Boeller of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride, and Mitchell Bethune of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
Flower girl was Ashlyn McAlister, daughter of Dewayne and Shannon McAlister of Cape Girardeau. Ringbearer was Daniel Lapusan, son of Joe and Carolina Lapusan of Cape Girardeau.
The reception was held at Deerfield Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 6 at the church.
Mrs. Roop received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology in 2010 from Missouri State University, and is pursuing a master's degree in student affairs in higher education. She is an admissions counselor at Missouri State.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in chemistry from Missouri State in 2011, and expects to receive a master's degree in chemistry in 2012. He teaches chemistry lab sections at Missouri State, and is employed by Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Lab in Springfield.
After a wedding trip to San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, the couple is residing in Springfield.